Sep 23, 2008

Taking a breath

So I have meant to post for a week now it just has been a little crazy on Sunday not this last but the one before Jared got to come to church with us it was nice. I heard at church that they were done picking at the church orchard and we could have whatever was left so Monday morning I went out and picked a whole bunch of green peaches. While I was there the battery on the van went dead luckily someone was there and I had jumper cables so all was well. I also went to another orchard and bought some ripe peaches and some pears to dry. So Monday I canned peaches and Teusday I canned peaches and cleaned my house because the book club met at my house. Wednesday I finished the ripe peaches I had bought and we had our neighbors over for dinner It was fun to get to know them. Thursday I watched Sher's girls while she worked in the school library we do this every thursday there is school. And since it was Jared's day off we worked on the house and canned pears . Friday I canned pears and I also had been drying them all week. Saturday I went to check on my green peaches and found that quite a few were ripe and instead of cleaning my neglected house like i had planned I spent the day canning peaches. Sunday was my cousins mission homecoming so we went to that. Monday I canned more peaches and we went to dinner and Family night at Sheridan and D.J.'s. Jared's parents are visiting for the week so they were there too and they brought us pears and apples and zucchini from their house. Luckily the pears and appples aren't ripe yet so maybe I will get a day to clean my house. Oh and this morning Jared brought in a big bag of plums which I am drying this morning. Last Monday on my way out to pick peaches I saw a reader board sign outside a church that said Call or text your prayer request and then listed a number I hadn't realized that God had gone mobile but apparently he has. I think I have canned about a hundred quarts of peaches I am getting close to running out of Jars I just hope I have enough for applesauce and apple pie filling. Sarah pinchingyourpennies.com is a good site and www.afullcup.com has a target coupon generator and www.couponcabin.com has discounts at alot of stores I have some more sites to for buying multiple coupons. So I have more cleaning and plums to do so I need to go.

1 comments:

Kari said...

Wow your busy, I don't know how you can stand to do all that canning. I did 7 quarts of peaches and I've had my fill. Although they are pretty tasty so I'm sure if I was able to get more and not have to pay a ton for them I'd probably do it again. The problem I had was that the peaches were so expensive that it just wasn't cost effective to do it myself. Good luck with all your projects! Wish we could get together with you guys!